November 20, 2022
It has been freezing the last couple of days so I didn’t want to be sawing wood outside.
I decided to start modifing my JMRI files from the old layout for the new since 1/2 the layout was almost the same. My last version was 4.12, so I followed the update directions to 4.20 and then 5.0 with no problem.
Previously I had used Manifest Creator to generate manifests and switch lists. Dan Foltz had helped me modify its use for A5 (1/2 full sheet) paper. I decided to take a look at MR SLAM FORMATTER as it was more current and did not require EXCEL.
I found the directions well done and had no problem installing it. It is very customizable, and I was able to come up with an A5 format that works for me. I changed the font to Times Roman because it allowed me the most characters on a page. The MR SLAM are the first 3 imaages, last picture is old MC format.
I still have days of adjusting JMRI OPERATIONS but am off to a great start. Many thanks to all those who donate their time and skill to make JMRI and related programs function so well…and they are free!