April 13, 2023
Many parts of the CAD drawing for the current layout were imported from the previous layout. I forgot that on the previous layout I ended up having to take track up and move it to provide clearance for the sanding tower. So, history repeated itself.
The cork roadbed and some of the track had already been laid when I got to thinking about it. Just not enough room.
The glued track came up very easily by slipping a putty knife underneath. Not so for the cork. A chisel was used to get under it by tapping it gently. There were times where a little bit of the plywood came up too.
Where the track needed to be was determined by using a NMRA clearance gauge.
Roadbed was re-laid after cleaning up the mess and making sure everything was level. Problem solved.